Vendor Development Group
The site of this remodeling project was the H.H. Cutler Building built in the 1930’s in downtown Grand Rapids. The design solution provided a pleasing balance of new and old. Private offices were located along the street side of the building, which gave each office an entire wall of glass. Natural light was introduced into the administration area with clerestory windows above the office walls. To enhance privacy and control the scale of the high space, horizontal elements were introduced above the administrative workstations and sloped, corrugated metal deck panels were placed at each office entrance. Indirect lighting softened the ambiance of the administrative area while highlighting the rustic wood beams and deck above.